Taylor, Jon & Izzi will be sharing which technique from the 8 week course they found most useful. Everyone is invited to share their own favorite technique or idea they learnt from this course.
While preparation above will enable you to get the most out of the Meetup, it is not required. We will be providing an overview of the technique and discussing it
Join us to learn and practice Mindfulness Meditation. Each Meetup focuses on a different topic and is self contained, so feel free to join anytime.
As a resource we will be using a self study course which is based on the program founded by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. Here is an introduction to the course: https://palousemindfulness.com/MBSR/week0.html
Join us; let’s learn and practice mindfulnessbmeditation together.
It is recommended that you review the webpage for that day before the Meetup—but it is not necessary.
1) 15 Minute overview of the day’s topic (see below)
2) Each person who has gone through the webpage for the day gets to talk for 3 minutes on their observations
3) General Q&A about the day’s topic
4) Reading of a poem for transition
5) 5 to 10 minute guided meditation
6) Breakout rooms with 6 to 8 people group discussions
Schedule of Techniques to be learnt & practiced
June 2: Simple Awareness
June 9: Attention & The Brain
June 16: Dealing with Thoughts
June 23: Stress: Responding vs Reacting
June 30: Dealing with Difficult Emotions
July 7: Mindfulness & Communication
July 14: Mindfulness & Compassion
July 21: Developing Practice of Your Own